Is your battery fully charged or low?! I am talking about your cellular battery,not your mobile cell battery!
In modern age we are bombarded with many information and often juggling too many balls in air at a time ,which leads to stress and so many overwhelming health issues such as blood pressure, diabetes, metabolic syndrome, heart attack, insomnia, depression and the list goes on.
We are taking extra care of our cell battery but what about our cellular battery?! In this super duper disruptive modern age ,we find it difficult to take out time to recharge and skillfully blame our biological process.
Don’t be a frog in burning water who don’t know when to jump!
To reprogram yourself for the bulletproof lifestyle we need to – UNPLUG- RECHARGE-RESET .
Only thinking is not going to help you ,you have to put things in action. You need to change your environment,make powerful decisions,remove everything that conflicts with your decisions,resist triggers and temptations(food,technology….) and make positive choices automatic.
“BE- DO AND HAVE”
Life is all about balance and being in tune with your mind and body, will help you to achieve the equilibrium.
To reprogram yourself for the bulletproof lifestyle–Challenges,Affirmations, visualization,imagination,belief system,action,determination, and learning is vital.
“Don’t join an easy crowd; you won’t grow. Go where the expectations and the demands to perform are high”- Jim Rohan
When you challenge yourself you feel more alive and happier.Remove the gravitational force, which is pulling you back!
Who you are?!
You would be surprised to know that,you are trillions of micro-organism living in a colony. If they are in harmony, so you are and if they are fucked off , then think who you would be ?! Your body is just a Petri-dish ,where these microorganism survives and thrives.
BIO-HACKS FOR LIVING A BULLETPROOF LIFE;
- Fix your gut health
- Metabolic relaxation day
- Resting and recovering
FIX YOUR GUT HEALTH
Udaram vyadhi Mandi(The stomach is abode of all disease)
“All disease begins in the gut”- Hippocrates
Do your body function as a whole or in units? And if it function as a whole then why there are so many specialists in conventional medicine?! In ancient Ayurveda days, there used to be only one doctor ( Vadhay/Hakim) for all your problems.Now ,one patient ,too many doctors and the terrible expense of overspecialization. Conventional medicine now a days seems to be an uncoordinated mess!
“Maybe you are searching among the branches, for what only appears in the roots”- Rumi
There is 500 species and three pounds of bacteria in your gut which helps digest food, regulate hormones, excrete toxins and produce vitamins and other healing compounds. SMARTEST DOCTOR IS YOUR BODY . We all are blessed with a super power inner pharmacy which can be activated by FARMACY.
Your inner tube of life is your digestive system. Two wolf in your digestive system- Good bacteria and bad/wrong bacteria, whom you feed the most will grow and take the lead of your health. Processed foods are the treat for bad bacteria whereas whole unprocessed foods,probiotic,prebiotic,fermented foods are the treat for good bacteria.
Your gut is your “second brain”. Did you know that your gut contains more neurotransmitters than your brain? In fact, the gut has a brain of its own. It is called the “enteric nervous system”. Messages constantly travel back and forth between your gut-brain and when those messages are interfered with inflammations caused due to oxidative stress ,your health will suffer.
Your healthy gut bacterial determines what nutrients are to be absorbed and what toxins ,allergens and microbes are to be thrown out. Your gut must break down all the food you eat into its individual components, separate out the vitamins and minerals, and shuttle everything across the one cell thick layer so it can get into your bloodstream and nourish your body and brain.
Your gut has to get rid of all the toxins produced as byproducts of your metabolism, if things get backed up when you are constipated, you will become toxic and your health will suffer.Your body is in harmony and biologically function well, only ,when it has to deal with less oxidative stress and less inflammation and when the insulin level is balanced.
Your bad/wrong bacteria ,with time ,has potential to make you sick and overweight.
Your gut has quite lot to manage. Even in a perfect world ,it is hard to keep all of this in balance. But ,in our modern world, there are endless obstacles that can knock our digestive system off balance ,making it much more difficult to maintain excellent digestive system.
There is gut immune system in your body. Your entire immune system and the rest of your body is protected from the toxic environment in your gut by a lining that is only one cell thick layer. If that barrier is damaged, you will get sick, your immune will become overactive, and it will begin producing inflammation throughout your body.
How to know if your gut is out of balance
To fix your digestion ,you first need to understand what is sending your gut out of balance in the first place-
- Our low fiber ,high sugar ,processed nutrient poor ,high calorie diet, which causes all the wrong bacteria and yeast to grow in our gut and damages the ecosystem in your intestines.
- Overuse of medications that damage the gut or block normal digestive function.
- Undetected gluten intolerance ,food allergies to foods such as dairy ,eggs ,or corn.
- Toxins like mercury and mold toxins, which damage the gut.
- STRESS ,which can alter the gut nervous system, causes leaky gut, and change the normal bacteria in the gut.
Steps to improve gut micro-biome-
- Eat whole, unprocessed foods. Make sure to include plenty of “FIBER” from foods like vegetables ,beans, nuts, seeds, and whole grains.
- Eliminate food allergies.
- Take broad spectrum digestive enzymes food. Foods that contain natural digestive enzymes include pineapples, papayas, mangoes, honey, bananas, avocados, kefir, sauerkraut, kimchi, miso, kiwifruit and ginger. Adding any of these foods to your diet may help promote digestion and better gut health.
- Rebuild your rain forest of friendly gut bacteria by taking probiotics , prebiotics, fermented foods. and less stress.
- Get good fat. Take extra omega 3,which help cool inflammation in the gut
- Heal your gut lining. Use gut-healing nutrients such as glutamine and zinc to repair the lining in your gut so it can resume its normal function.
- Take butyrate high food. Good bacteria thrives on butyrate. Butyrate lowers inflammation and heals the gut.
PROBIOTIC – Probiotics are live microorganisms that have health benefits when consumed. Probiotics- which are usually beneficial bacteria – provide all sorts of powerful benefits for your body and brain. Probiotic foods- Yogurt, lassi, kefir, buttermilk, sauerkraut, kimchi, miso, pickles,some types of cheese,Natto, soyasauce.
PREBIOTIC– Prebiotics are fibers and natural sugars that stimulate the good bacteria in the gut. Prebiotics help beneficial bacteria grow in the gut. They work with probiotics, which are healthful bacteria or yeasts, to improve health. Prebiotic foods- Vegetables(onion, garlic,spring onion, cabbage), legumes(chick peas, red kidney beans, baked beans, soyabeans) Lentils, fruits( apple, unripened banana, custard apples, watermelon,grape fruits),bran ,barley, nuts and seeds.
BUTYRATE RICH FOOD – Butyrate promote the growth of beneficial bacteria in the gastrointestinal tract. Butyrate can be found naturally in several foods. Butyrate high food are grass feed butter, ghee, sweet potatoes carrot, pumpkin, seeds and nuts, all fruits and veggies with low GI.
Fixing your digestion may take some time, but it can be done. And its absolutely essential if you want to achieve vibrant health. So, listen your gut’s tantrum( constipation,loose stool…) and work on your inner tube.
METABOLIC RELAXATION DAY –Fasting without fear
- As the name suggests,it is a relaxing ,holidaying and rejuvenating day of your metabolism process. On these days your body recovers and heals from all type of common (physical,mental,environmental),chronic, or oxidative stress.
- It is a delicious recipe for fat loss and is an excellent elixir.
- “ He who eats until he is sick must fast until he is well”. There is always hidden sweetness in empty stomach.
- The powerful tool to drive inflammation level down.
- Loading the stomach with all junks is not less than a criminal act.
- Our basic problem today is that our digestive capacity or fire is diminishing and our consumption is increasing.
- Our ancestors circumstances and lifestyle gifted them “Metabolic flexibility” and our lifestyle have gifted us “Metabolic inflexibility”
- Click the following link if you want to explore MRD more-(METABOLIC RELAXATION DAY)
Improve Metabolic Flexibility
- Control your carb intake
- Take good fat
- Practice MRD
- Increase fiber intake
- Exercise regularly
- Stay hydrated
- Monitor your stress levels
- Track insulin and glucose levels
BENEFITS OF MRD
- MRD can help you to lose belly fat by increasing the metabolism and maintain healthy body weight i.e. your lean muscle mass and bone density.
- Blood levels of insulin drop significantly ,which facilitates fat burning.
- The blood levels of growth hormone increase as much as 5 fold. Higher the level of growth hormone higher the fat burning and muscle gain.
- Lower insulin level and higher growth hormone in blood increase fat burning process.
- The body induces Autophagy ( imp cellular repair process) ,which removes toxin from our body.
- It changes the gene expression
- MRD switchs your body from sugar burner to a fat burner.
- MRD can effectively reduce oxidative stress and inflammation
- Most impressive benefits is it keeps your heart healthy by increasing HDL and decreasing LDL and Triglycerides
- It boost your mitochondrial function and increases your life span.
- It increases level of BDNF( Brain derived neurotrophic factor) and promotes neurogenesis. BDNF is an extremely fantastic fertilizer for your brain. Deficiency of BDNF can lead to depression and other brain related problem.BDNF prevents brain aging and enhances cognitive functions
- Balance Ghrelin and Leptin
Note – It is imp to eat mostly healthy foods during your eating window. This won’t work if you eat junk food or excessive amounts of calories.
- Your exercise should be safe, intense, and purposeful.
- Do exercise with full intention,attention and awareness.
- HIIT(High intensity interval training) improves your metabolism and mitochondrial health.
- Resistance training helps you to build lean muscle mass and bone density. With improved metabolism and lean muscle mass you are able to burn fat even when you are sleeping.
- More the lean muscle mass more the fat loss.
- Exercisereleases neurotransmittors,HGH (Human growth hormone)and Irisin hormone.
- HGH helps to maintain ,build and repair healthy tissue in the brain and other organs. This hormone can help to speed up healing after injury and repair muscle tissue after exercise. This helps us to build muscle mass, boost metabolism, and burn fat. It is the fountain of youth.
- Irisin ;The ‘Exercise hormone” is fat fighting hormone. Researchers discover that Irisin burns fat and prevents fat cell formation.
- Exercise activates brown adipose tissue(BAT),which burns fat
- Regular exercise improves your cardio-vascular health. It is an insurance policy for your heart.
- Exercise keep your insulin level in check and also helps your sympathetic nervous system ( which controls your heart rate and blood pressure) to be less reactive.
- Exercise promotes the expression of BDNF.
- Exercise can kick start the natural detox process as it flushes out the lungs and cleanses the skin as we work up a sweat. It also increases blood flow promoting better circulation pumping white blood cells through the body in turn helping organs cleanse themselves effectively.
- Apply 80/20 Pareto principle; if 80 percent of the time you are doing the good stuff, that is eating well and exercising regularly then you can allow 20 percent of the time for the guilt free mindful overindulgence.
Meditation is the best antioxidant. Meditation is anything you are doing with your full intention,attention and awareness! It is mindfulness of the present moment. It could be your any practices such as -mindful eating, exercising, taking rest, meditative walk, technology fasting, listening music, listening someone, breathing, self talk,sleeping,….
Meditation activates your parasympathetic nervous system and is excellent for vagal toning, which helps you to lower your blood pressure and take control of other medical issues.
It reduces stress and anxiety by reducing cortisol level.
It enhances self awareness and your vision and helps you stepping inwards.It is the gateway to all possibilities and gives you more head space.
Good thing about it is ,that you can do it anytime and anywhere!
BENEFITS OF MEDITATION
Finding it a bit difficult, to summarize, so many benefits of mediation in a limited space. Click the attached link to explore further –Physical ,mental,emotional and spiritual benefits of meditaion
REST AND RECOVERY
- After an intense exercise or day rest and recovery is must to recharge your battery and to bounce back with full enthu and energy in the marathon of life to fulfill purpose of your being.
- Rest and recovery is a process of regular emptying your stress bucket and preventing it from overflowing.
- Induce your immune system and metabolism in rest and recovery mode at least twice a week by following MRD.
- Continual stress puts your body in survival mode, making it store fat rather than burn it. You would be surprised to know that your smartphone addiction making you fat.
- If you want to be mentally and physically healthy, you need to rest ,recover and reset.
Elements of Rest and Recovery
- SLEEP –Sleep is the most important aspect of health. You need to get enough sleep, which is seven to eight hours . Adequate sleep provide mental health, hormonal balance and muscular recovery.
- HYDRATION– Drinking adequate amounts of water is critical to health,energy,recovery and performance. Water helps all of our functions.
- NUTRITION– Everything you eat has the ability to help heal your body, or to poison it.
- POSTURE– Due to prolonged sitting we have a bad posture. A bad posture is not a restful position, sitting or standing with bad posture is harmful. It can lead to injury.
- STRETCHING– You need enough flexibility to move well and remain pain free.
- SELF MYO-FASCIAL RELEASE- Tight muscles and trigger points sometimes need assistance to return healthy normal tissue by foam rolling.
- HEAT ,ICE AND COMPRESSION- Use the techniques for recovering from injuries or a very stressful training.
- MEDITATION is a self induced rest and recovery mode after a sweat session. Meditation enables you to embark on inward journey.
- UNPLUG -Don’t be slave to your environment. Resist your temptations. We should restrict the use of mobiles and laptops before sleep for sound mind and good health. Just like you should fully unplug from work every night, you should fully unplug your body from food and your brain from technology.
“Happy Gut,Happy Butt.Happy Butt,Happier you!”
Wish you a bulletproof life!